CASSIDA FLUID WG 220, 1X22L
CASSIDA FLUID WG Series
Synthetic high performance gear lubricants for worm gear boxes used in the food and beverage processing equipment
• High resistance to micro-pitting
• Neutral odour and taste
• Provide excellent thermal stability, load carrying properties and corrosion protection
• Resistant to the formation of harmful oxidation products
• Exceptional low friction providing efficient power transmission. Measured worm gear efficiency is high relative to other oils
• Water solubility ideal for use in situations where equipment gets routinely cleaned before and after use and where some water might penetrate into the lubricant
• Does NOT mix with mineral oils or PAO
Certifications and Specifications
• NSF H1
• DIN 51517 CLP
• ISO 6743/6 L-CKD, CKE
CASSIDA FLUID WG 150, 220, 320, 460, 680 and 1000 are high performance, anti-wear gear oils for the lubrication of worm gears, highly loaded gears and applications where high resistance to micro-pitting is needed, for the use in food and beverage processing equipment. They are based on a careful blend of synthetic fluids and selected additives chosen for their ability to meet the stringent requirements of the food and beverage industry. Registered by NSF (Class H1) for use where there is potential for incidental food contact. Produced according to FLT Quality Standards, in facilities where HACCP audit and Good Manufacturing Practice have been implemented and form part of the quality and hygiene management systems ISO 9001 and ISO 21469.
• Especially recommended for use in worm gears and applications where excellent thermal stability is required
• Lubrication of enclosed gear boxes used in the food industry
• High load carrying capability, for extreme pressure applications
When changing from a lubricant based on mineral oil or PAO, the following procedure must be followed: The equipment should be at normal operating temperature, then the oil drained off as fully as possible. Special attention should be paid to reservoirs, lines etc. where oil may be trapped. Then the system must be flushed with the new lubricant, which should then be drained before refilling with fresh, new lubricant. Note: Seals previously exposed to mineral oils may shrink when exposed to CASSIDA FLUID WG. This can result in oil leaks. It may therefore sometimes be necessary to replace them.
Seal and Paint Compatibility
Compatible with most of the elastomers, gaskets and seals normally used in food machinery lubrication systems. Nitrile rubber (NBR), Fluoro-Silicone or Vinyl-Methyl Polysiloxane (Q) are recommended especially where high temperatures are involved. Polyurethane based elastomers, leather, cork, asbestos paper and board should be avoided. Note: see warning about seal shrinkage in section on change-over procedures. Some ordinary industrial paints soften in the presence of CASSIDA FLUID WG. Internal gearbox surfaces should ideally be unpainted or coated with resistant material such as two-part epoxy formulations.
Handling and Storage
All food grade lubricants should be stored separately from other lubricants, chemical substances and foodstuffs and out of direct sunlight or other heat sources. Store between 0 °C and +40 °C. Provided that the product has been stored under these conditions we recommend to use the product within 5 years from the date of manufacture. Upon opening a pack, the product must be used within 2 years (or within 5 years of date of manufacture, whichever is the sooner).